COVID-19 Test | Walk-in COVID-19 Test
COVID-19 Testing, 7 Days a Week.
MedCare Express is now offering COVID-19 tests, 7 days a week – no appointment needed.
Once you arrive at our facility on 2288 Berlin Turnpike in Newington, please enter our waiting room where you’ll be asked to complete a minimum amount of paperwork
The tests are administered on a first come, first served basis, from 8 AM to 8 PM. Here are reasons to get tested:
- You’re planning a trip
- You’ve just returned from a strip, especially from one of Connecticut’s blocked states
- You’re showing symptoms of the disease – cough, shortness of breath, difficult breathing, fever and chills, and others
- You are in a high risk group
- Someone you know recently tested positive
- You’ve recently returned to working outside your home
- You’re a teacher, health care provider, or any other essential worker
- You’re planning to undergo elective surgery
- You’re entering a nursing home
- You simply want greater peace of mind
If you have any doubts at all about whether you’re someone who should get tested for COVID-19, our medical team will be glad to advise you. Or consult with your primary care physician.
How the COVID-19 Test is Administered
We’ll insert a stick with very soft brush into one of your nasal passages. We’ll twirl it or a few seconds so the soft bristles can select a sample of secretions for us to analyze.
How Long Will It Take to Get My Results?
We’ll have your results typically within one hour of administering the test. You’ll be notified by phone call or text message.
Will Insurance Cover the Cost of the Test?
If you have individual or group health insurance coverage that you or your employer bought in Connecticut, including through Access Health CT – the state’s health marketplace, you are covered for the testing and treatment for novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here for more information as provided by the State of CT Insurance Department. Or consult with your employer or insurance company.
MedCare Express charges a reduced fee for anyone whose insurance policy does not cover the test.